Missing Student Notification Procedures:
1. Single-Student Residents - Residents of Single-Student Housing will be determined to be missing if they remain unaccounted for during a 24 hour time period, normally determined by two consecutive nightly curfew checks of the dormitories, unless arrangements to be absent from the dormitories were previously made with a Resident Assistant or the Residence Director. If a student is not present in the dormitory when a Resident Assistant checks curfew for the second consecutive night, the Resident Assistant will immediately notify the Resident Director or Student Life Office that the student is missing.
2. Student Residents of Family Housing - Student residents of Family Housing will be determined to be missing if a resident family member reports them as hving been missing for 24 hours or more to the Residence Director or Student Life Office.
3. Once a student resident is determined to be missing, attempts to contact the missing student will be made within 24 hours via telephone, cell phone, e-mail, and /or a physical search of the campus.
4. If a student resident is determined to have been missing for more than 24 hours and has not returned to campus, the College will initiate the emergency contact procedures that the student designates on the Missing Student Resident Notification Form.
5. If a missing student resident is under 18 years of age and is not emancipated from a custodial parent or guardian, the College will notify a custodial parent or guardian no later than 24 hours after the time the under-aged student resident is determined to be missing.
6. If a missing student has not submitted a Missing Student Resident Notification Form to the Student Life Office, the College will notify the appropriate law enforcement agency (Garden City Police Department) that the student has been missing for more than 24 hours. In addition, the College will make a reasonable attempt to contact the missing student's family members.
7. If a missing student resident is located on or off campus, the student will no longer be considered missing.